Our Product Review
Want to stay continuously hair free and fed up with the short term results from waxing, shaving and your epilator, then Philips Lumea Prestige SC2008/11 is the one for you that you’d wish you purchased sooner!
- Painless and preventing hair regrowth is achieved by using modern IPL technology, which sends light pulses to the hair root to prevent hair regrowth of over 75% in just 8 weeks
- Only one device to meet all your needs for unwanted hair removal of the body, facial and bikini areas.
- No additional purchases of parts and accessories, this device is all you need.
- The lifespan of the device is vast with 140,000 flashes.
- Integrated UV filter is included to provide safe protection from UV light and safety ring system to prevent unintentional flashing.
- Flash mode for a faster treatment for the legs, with lower leg taken just 8 minutes and facial area as little as 1 minute.
- IPL technology traditionally used salons, is no longer the case, you can now benefit from using this premium device at home.
- Following instructions means the device works well even on sensitive skin.
- Recharging the device only takes 1 hour 40 minutes, so this will give you greater convenience
This high end IPL device meets all your needs to remove unwanted hair from the body, face and bikini line, with the additional three customized applicators designed pacifically for these areas to give you ultimate results.
Hair growth is prevented when the IPL light pulse targets the melanin in the hair and the hair root and absorbs the light, now the hair follicle hair growth cycle is set to the resting phase and the hair simply falls out and regrowth is inhibited. As each hair follicle can be at a different stage of the hair growth cycle, it’s vital to change the hair growth phase to the resting phase, so the treatment area will be at the same stage. The ideal treatment would be once every two to four weeks to prevent the hair root changing phase and becoming active again.
Body hair removal treatment times:
- Face- 1 minute
- Underarms- 1 minute each
- Entire bikini area-4 minutes
- Lower leg- 8 minutes
- Full leg- 15 minutes
The Philips Lumea SC2008/11 hair removal device has been development to enhance a new feature compared to previous models. If you’re looking to benefit from all these features this unit is a serious contender. Now with three attachments, one for the body, face and bikini area you can have it all from one device without the need to go to the salon.
The cordless unit gives you greater freedom of movement and flexibility of where and when you use the device.
Works well with many skin tones and hair colours, due to the five skin tone settings from white, beige, light brown, mid brown and dark brown skin. Is suitable for natural hair colours dark blond, brown dark brown and black.
The Philips Lumea Prestige SC2008 11 is not suitable for the following:
If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blond, white, grey or red.
If you have very dark skin tone, brownish black or darker.
You have naturally dark brown or very dark brown skin, you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly. In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions such as strong redness, burns or discolouration when you use Philips Lumea.
There are medications and health conditions that may lead to adverse reactions when you use Philips Lumea.
Philips Lumea body hair removal device includes:
- Lumea device
- Quick start guide
- Customer manual
- Multi voltage charger
- 2 year guarantee
Philips clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as little as two fortnightly treatments, with optimal hair-free results achieved after four to five fortnightly treatments. To maintain these results, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.